Friends of Garton School (FoGS)
The principle aim of the Friends is to raise money to buy the extras that the school budget does not support. We do this by organising social events for both children and parents throughout the year. We hope to put together events to suit all tastes and we are always happy to receive your comments and suggestions for the future.
We have supplied play equipment for the adventure playground, subsidised school trips and many other things chosen by the children and staff.
Here are just a few examples:
- Trips to the pantomime
- Equipment for the adventure playground
- Easter egg hunt
- Library books
- Home reading books
- Sports kit
- Sports equipment
FoGS hopes to provide a friendly social point for parents, grandparents and carers beyond the school gate – a network where you are able to share experiences/ideas, make new friends and contribute to the life of the school.
FoGS comprises of:
The Chairperson – responsible for:
- setting agendas
- keeping meetings on track
- taking notes and circulating minutes of meetings
- communication of all members and school
- providing information for the school newsletter
The Treasurer – responsible for:
- record of income and expenditure
- dealing with the bank
- liasion with the school re: money for events etc.
Friends – responsible for:
- a variety of tasks including helping at events
- generating ideas to raise money
- helping to decide how money is spent
- helping at events such as the running of stalls etc.
- providing raffle prizes etc.
- giving feedback
There is a huge bank of skills and talent amongst parents, grandparents and carers. By virtue of visiting this site you are a ‘friend’ – there are many ways to join in and it will only involve a little of your time. The FoGS meet about once a term for an hour or so and we always welcome new friends.
If you are interested in helping in some way please contact the school office or download the attached slip. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact Jane Allanson on 01377 253788. We look forward to hearing from you.
Chairman Christine Warcup
Treasurer Natasha Goodlass
Secretary Jane Allanson