Riding Forward Alliance
Garton on the Wolds CE Primary School is a member of the Riding Forward Teaching School Alliance. 'Riding Forward' is a Teaching School Alliance based on the teaching school Molescroft Primary School. The strategic partners in the alliance are: Hornsea School and Language Collage, Snaith Primary, Beverley Manor Road Nursery, East Riding of Yorkshire Council and the University of Hull. Garton on the Wolds CE Primary School is delighted to be hosting the School Direct Programme in the academic year 2016-17, enabling us to offer one on-the-job trainee teacher position to a top graduate.
Riding Forward Teaching School Alliance aims to:
- be innovative and to celebrate and share what works and will work to raise standards and inspire pupils' learning
- be innovative in the discovery and piloting of exciting new ideas and approaches to teaching and learning
- work with partners to design the solutions to our problems
- enable teachers who have special talents and great ideas, supporting them to present their solutions and therefore help others
- work with school leaders, teachers and new trainees to motivate and nurture a new generation of teachers
- support great teaching
- to re-establish and recognise what great schools are and promote this
For further details of the School Direct Programme, including details of entry requirements, please visit the Riding Foward website at the link below. If you are interested in applying for the Programme at Garton on the Wolds CE Primary School and would like to view the school, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.