We are fundraising for a new School Hall.
Why do we need a new School Hall?
- Additional accommodation needed for pupils to develop their sporting and music skills
- Larger performance and dining area needed
- All-weather sporting facility needed
- Zero travel expenses
- Increased teaching time due to zero travel time
- School holiday provision potential
- Community Hall potential (e.g. Brownies, Cubs, etc.)
- Re-introduction of ‘Parent & Toddler’ group
- Lettings for parties potential
- Family and community engagement
Download our fundraising flier below.
The village schools within the East Riding of Yorkshire are always under threat of a tight budget allocation from the Central Government to the East Riding of Yorkshire Council, which often makes the provision of resources and renovation of teaching areas difficult to fund.
We have also been approached by the local community for provision for the school holidays through the possibility of a Community Hall to provide space for a holiday club. This is something we feel would give excellent provision for the local children and community during the holiday period.
Another function our school would be able to reintroduce would be a Parent and Toddler group, which we had to cancel two years ago due to insufficient space. The group enabled parents to form new friendships, aid transition to the Foundation Stage and help their toddlers with social skills. The group also helped parents' access to: Parent Partnership; SureStart; a toy library; baby massage; and other parenting classes for new parents.