Our School Vision
Our School Vision is to work as a community within the school’s Christian ethos. We promote world faiths alongside our Christian Values to work towards creating an Outstanding school where all can flourish. Through the provision of a broad and balanced curriculum we encourage every child to develop lively, creative and enquiring minds enabling them to become confident individuals who reach their full potential and succeed in Modern Britain.
Our school works in partnership with the church and the wider community to give a caring and nurturing environment. Together we enable and equip each child to ‘live life to the full’ (The Gospel of John – Chapter 10, verse 10).
We will realise our Vision by:
- demonstrating, as a Church school, our Christian values in action
- consistently high standards of teaching
- providing a happy, healthy and secure environment where all are respected, valued and encouraged to contribute
- excellent leadership and governance
- encouraging a love of learning by participating in experiences full of opportunity and creativity
- pursuing excellence in every aspect of school life, supporting one another and celebrating the achievements of all
- a partnership of pupils, teachers, parents, governors and the local community
- Targets are challenging and achievable.
Our Values are at the heart of our school vision and are illustrated in the Cross and shared with children on a regular basis, in Collective Worship and reinforced through our teaching and every day school life.
We established these in collaboration within our school community.
Our values can be said to be ‘Human Values’ and inclusive for all. As a Church of England school, however, we have rooted these Values in our Christian beliefs and in stories from the Bible making it particularly memorable for children.