Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
All children are provided for according to their own special educational needs. Some children may receive extra help as identified by their teachers. Extra attention or materials will be provided, as required. Some children may receive extra individual or group support provided by a teacher or teaching assistant. A social language group is particularly effective in supporting pupils with communication and social difficulties. In the same manner, children who have exceptional talents and ability will be identified and supported. A termly programme of testing and assessment is designed to track pupils of all abilities to ensure that all needs are met and that targets can be set for pupils of all abilities.
Parents/Carers are kept fully informed of any identification of Special Educational Needs and progress made.
The name of the member of staff having responsibility for the school's arrangements for identifying and meeting the special needs of pupils is Mrs Chadwick.
You may download our SEND policy, which contains our Local Offer, below. Further information can also be found at the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's SEND support website, along with the East Riding SEND newsletter.
- ERYC SEND Newsletter_Issue 1 [pdf 396KB]
- ERYC SEND Newsletter_Issue 2 [pdf 419KB]
- ERYC SEND Newsletter_Issue 3 [pdf 661KB]
- Local offer for Garton School2018 [pdf 212KB]
- SEN-Annual-Report 2017 Garton [pdf 142KB]
- SEN-Annual-Report 2018 Garton [pdf 142KB]
- Garton on the Wolds CE Primary School SEND and Inclusion Policy Nov 18 [pdf 344KB]